BRAINTREE FIRE DEPARTMENT
December 29, 1873
BRAINTREE FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATION LOCAL 920
May 20, 1947
Union Engine #1 of East Braintree. Built in 1867 by Hunneman Co of Boston (#695) Originally built for the East Braintree & Weymouth Fire District. Purchased by the Braintree Fire Department in 1875. In service to BFD 1875-1894. Muster Tub into the 1930s. Sold to Southborough Ma FD in 1959. Still in use by Handtub Junction as muster and parade tub
For more great historical content, check out the Braintree Fire Dept. History Page on Facebook. It's administered by our own Lt. Ken Galvin. Kenny has done a great job of putting together an extensive collection of historical photos, videos, and write-ups on everything Braintree Fire.
Get Our Emails